I leverage my background in higher education, labor unions, and philanthropy to support strategy development and implementation. I design dialogues that enable transformative change. Services include
- Design, development and evaluation of leadership and fellowship programs
- Curriculum development for social justice initiatives using popular education methods
- Engaging healthcare workers on the social determinants of health and addressing inequities
I use a liberatory coaching approach that supports persons working for our collective freedom from oppressive systems by bringing a sense of wholeness and trusting your innate ability to identify meaningful pathways forward.
Sliding scale informed by restorative economy principles to generate resources that enable pro-bono/low-bono/barter arrangements that increases accessibility.
I have served as a university professor, consultant, facilitator, writer, and philanthropy director addressing urban politics, immigrant incorporation, worker organizing, and leadership development.
I directed leadership development for the nation’s largest union local and the fellowship program at the largest global human rights foundation. I’ve worked with practitioners in domestic and international contexts bringing my commitment to justice and equity and the ability to cross-pollinate ideas from different contexts.
Why Grounding Truths?
Grounding truths are the values and visions that engage the soul. These truths can be complicated, confronting, and contradictory. Nevertheless, we are charged with making choices that are clearly grounded in the best of who we are.
Ground in Soul, Find your Truth
- Authenticity – Embrace your truest self, express truths with kindness
- Boldness – Embrace challenges with courage, inspire, engage and empower
- Learning – Take risks, find lessons, refine the approach
- Endurance – Persist, focus on the future
- Complimentary Coaching Discovery Session (potential client-partners) 60’
- Coaching Session (existing client-partners) 60’
- Complimentary Consulting Discovery Session (potential client-partners) 60’
- Consulting (existing client-partners) 60’
Organizations I Have
Worked With Include
Advancing Black Strategists Initiative (Jobs with Justice)
International Honors Program, School of International Training
Leadership for Democracy and Social Justice
Open Society Foundations
SEIU – Service Employees International Union
United Maroon Indigenous Peoples
Training for Change
University of Technology, Jamaica
Youth Engagement Fund (NEO Philanthropy
Credit: Kehinde Wiley
Painting Title: Wanda Crichlow (Portrait of Catharina Both van der Eern) 2015
Location: Ford Foundation NYC,
“ Prologue: A Message from Open Society’s New Executives Fund. “ Open Society Foundations.
“Introduction,” Special Issue: Labor and Racial Justice, Labor Studies Journal. Robert Bruno and Alethia Jones, eds. Vol 42 (1): 5‐9.
“Agents of Change: How Allied Healthcare Workers Transform Inequalities in the Healthcare Industry,” in Structural Competency in Mental Health and Medicine: A Case-Based Approach to Treating the Social Determinants of Health.
Chapter 1, “Chronicling an Activist Life,” in Ain’t Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around: Forty Years of Movement Building with Barbara Smith. Alethia Jones and Virginia Eubanks with Barbara Smith.